Walloon technology companies are talented and have the assets to contribute to innovation projects at European and international level.
Are you interested in technological developments and have a natural gift for connecting organisations with a common goal of economic development?
Are you fluent in English and do you like to travel?
The MecaTech cluster is looking for an International Project Manager.
The Competitiveness Clusters were created in 2006 on the initiative of the Walloon government. The MecaTech cluster has the particularity of supporting technology companies, research centres and universities in their innovation efforts in sectors as varied as the energy and digital transition or the circular economy.
Within the International Unit and in collaboration with all our technological experts, you will support the activities of the MecaTech cluster members in their desire to develop internationally. You will support the networking and connection activities between members thanks to your facilitation skills.
The role of the International Project Manager
The International Project Manager will work in close relation with the Head of International Affairs. S/He will also interact with the sectorial project managers (MedTech, Defense, Digital, Energy, Circular economy), and the communication manager (events, articles). Below is a sample of responsibilities:
- Support the operational organization of exploratory missions abroad to foster technological connections with foreign ecosystems.
- Approach our members to recruit them for exploratory missions and poll their interest on a regular basis about upcoming missions, European funding calls, etc…
- Organize local workshops for our members, about European research and Innovation funding opportunities for our members with the support of our communication manager.
- Monitor and follow up the current and forthcoming European project calls (such as Horizon Europe, EIT, etc…).
- Write newsfeed about European projects, European calls, or project success stories for our communication tools.
- Participate to our running European projects, implement planned activities and contribute to the reporting.
- Help with the financial & admin follow-up of running European projects.
- The job will specifically focus on 2 European projects, DREAM and GEMSTONE, which address the challenges of digitalisation and resilience of manufacturing activities. These projects will provide SMEs with access to vouchers for small demonstrators, and a set of supporting services.
- European Affairs master’s degree with understanding about the functioning of Research & Innovation Funding programs
- Candidates with Marketing, Management Communication background, having a first understanding of European funding programs through a previous experience
- Scientific profiles (Engineers in Material sciences, mechanics, chemistry, IT etc…) with interest in innovation management are also welcome to apply.
- Autonomous in her/his work, flexible, with a hands-on mentality, not afraid to tackle pragmatic tasks linked with the organization of exploratory mission abroad, or local workshops.
- Good relationship skills, with people from very different backgrounds (SMEs, Researchers at Research and Technological Organization, representatives of local administration, cluster organizations etc..)
- A good command of English (foreign partners) and French (our members + local administration) is needed. Any other European language is a plus.
- You have a car (the MecaTech cluster is located in Gembloux, Belgium)
- A dynamic, collaborative and creative team.
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of projects in response to energy and climate challenges
- A full-time, permanent contract.
- An attractive salary package and working environment
- Possibility to work from home on a regular basis (Home office policy)
Convinced that this job is for you ?
Send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 26, 2022